Friday, September 11, 2009

Whoa Nelly!!!

Holy rib pain batman! I knew that there would be aches and pains that came with pregnancy but wow! I've been feeling a little bit of tenderness just under my boobs for a while now. My OB told me that there would be discomfort when my abdominal muscles started to separate. OK, I can take that. I'm no sissy. They have only intensified over the last week or so. My newest whoa is the back pain. Just under my shoulder blades, it's the most intense ache I've ever felt. It almost makes me feel short of breath. Since it's going to be another 2 1/2 weeks til my next doctor appointment, I did some googling. It turns out that my ribs are spreading to accommodate the organs that are being pushed upward. Yea! I just love that! (Can you hear the sarcasm dripping from that statement?) As if I really needed to buy yet another bra! My band size has increased more than my cup size! Geez!

Can I just tell you about the lower back pain? It's so low it feels like my upper butt. haha That sounds funny but how else can I describe it. I must have turned over 50 times last night (poor Nic). I even had the thickest pillow I could find wedged between my knees to alleviate some of the hip pressure/ pivoting...whatever it might be. It helped some but I felt the most relief when I put a fist just above my tailbone and pushed with all my might. I heard about 10 pops and pleasantly went back to sleep. :-) Is it from bad posture? Too much time on my feet? (No ankle swelling yet, thank goodness!) Is it sway back from the weight of my growing belly? Shoot, is it temporary or is this what I have to look forward to for the next 17 weeks? Wait! Don't answer that. I think I might be disappointed.

On a happy note, little man is as active as ever! I felt him kicking all over the place yesterday while I was at work. Two nights ago, in the middle of the night, I felt a new sensation. It kinda felt like a roll under my belly button. Now, I've felt the summer salts and flip flops. This felt more like a prolonged poke that moved. I think this might be the beginning of being able to identify body parts. Of course I don't have a clue what body part that was but it was small enough that it could have been a foot, hand or elbow. I can't wait til Nic can start to see these movements. I've been seeing my belly jolt, pop and bounce for several weeks now but it seems like Nic is never looking at the right time. This morning was a first too. I was rubbing my belly and talking to the little dude when I let my hands rest on either side. Three times in a row, I felt movements on both side simultaneously! It was quick but I think it might have been a stretch. It was clear that I was feeling both head and feet. I'm still amazed at how big he's getting. This pregnancy seems to be going so fast! Oh and I felt the first bladder kick. What fun! hahaha He kicked a few times and each time I had the urge to pee. I can only imagine what this is going to feel like when he gets stronger!


This is the most recent picture I've taken. It was taken with Nic's camera on his iPhone just before bed. It was at the 22 week mark which was almost a week ago. I'll be 23 weeks on sunday.

Well, I'm going to toast myself a homemade English muffin. Mmm...Mmmm! This mama is hungry! Have a great day!

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |