Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Days 53 & 54

At 22-24 mm in length, the baby is four times as long today as it was just one month ago.  If I experienced a comparable growth rate, within a month from now, I would have to duck to stand in a room with 20 a foot ceiling.

The baby's eyelids are more developed now, and the tongue is fully formed.  Today, the external ears assume their final shape, but they are still low-set.  The baby's toes are now unwebbed and appear longer.  For the first time, the baby's limbs are capable of purposeful movement.  

The rapid rate of growth experienced over the past three to four weeks will not slow, but the pace will continue and , at times, even quicken.  I will need to do all that I can to stay well nourished, well hydrated, well rested and relaxed.  

This has been another installment of "The Pregnancy Journal" by A. Christine Harris, Ph. D. 

Today (day 53) was a day off for me.  I've been extra tired lately and spent the day lazily.  I slept in and even laid in bed for a while once I woke.  I played with the girls (my fury little punkins) and read my book.  Actually I read a lot of my book.  I just started it last night and I finished it today.  Tomorrow (day 54) I plan to do a little photography.  It's been quite some time since I've been to Nic's project and I'd really love to get some good snowy pictures of Woodstock and the ride to the job.  We will see if the weather wants to cooperate.  If it does...I just might have a few pictures to post.  :-)

0 comments:

| Top ↑ |