Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I am BLESSED!

I have the best family and friends a girl could ever ask for! They trick me but I like their tricks. Yesterday Nic and I went to Rhode Island for his Auntie Lillian's' 80th birthday party. As it turned out, that's just what they told me. My amazing mother in law and many members of my family had feverishly planned a surprise baby shower for me! I had no idea! Nic had even called much of my extended family and many of my friends. I can usually tell when he's up to something but this time...I was completely in the dark. :-) They got one over on me big time! My family in Florida, mother in North Carolina, family in Kansas, family in Virginia and family in New Jersey were all in on it too! From what I understand, this has been in the works for months! :-D They are too good to me!

We had an all girl baby shower full of delicious food, cake, laughter and much generosity. I must say thank you too everyone that had a hand in putting it together. My mom, Nic's mom and Chris for letting us use her home as our party venue. We had many hours of opening presents from people both there and from around the country. My mother wasn't able to join us in real life but we were able to have her join us via Skype.com. It was a day full of excitement, joy and great conversation.

Here are some photos. :-) Buckle in...there's a lot.

This was what my present pile looked like. Believe it or not, there were more stashed in another corner and even more stashed in another room! I am blown away at the generosity!

These were the cute little favors that Mom DiOrio put together. They are little ornaments that have glitter, confetti and "it's a boy!" charms. They are too cute! Leave it to me to forget to get a picture of one out of the little bag!

Here we go...getting started!

This is my helper. Jamie was my right hand the whole afternoon. She helped me get all the paper into trash bags, move the opened items to another pile and pick up things I couldn't reach. I still can't believe how much more difficult bending and reaching is becoming! Whew!

Me, Nic and Mom. Sorry mom this isn't a better picture. It's the only one of the 3 of us and the best shot of the giant belly! Maybe Chris got a better picture than we did?!

Here I am trying to get Mom O'Brien linked up with us via Skype. For some reason we kept losing our connection? :-(

Of course my mom is great at sentimental presents too. This was a card giving me a few details on one of the presents in her box of goodies.

See?! This is me crying because she is so thoughtful! I opened a hooded, Syracuse sweatshirt that I wore when I was a baby that came from Grandma and Grandpa Rieth! Man do I miss him! He was a Syracuse nut! Our little man will wear it in style! That one present not only got me blubbering but also mom and the entire room of women watching me open presents! Happy tears of course!

OK. We're over the tears and back on our way with smiles.

This is one of the two security clutches we got for the little guy. Would you believe they are both puppies?! We have an overwhelming array of puppy/dog themed items. :-D That's fine by me! I'm sure this little man will be a animal (especially dog) lover just like the rest of the family!

More cuteness. I love baby stuff!


This is the stroller that I've been drooling over for a while now. This gift was a collaborate effort from family in Florida, Kansas and Virginia. See, there is power in numbers! I wasn't able to get a picture of the Ergo baby carrier but that also came from this group. Two items that will be invaluable! This picture of the stroller is a little funky. Check back in a few days for a post on the fun Nic had putting it together! :-)

This is Nic's Auntie Kathy.

On the left is Auntie Lillian. I was told that it was her birthday party. Happy 80th Auntie! On the right is Nic's cousin Chris. She is our generous host that opened her house to this group of estrogen! Thank you Chris!

Here we are again...barely making a dent in our present opening. That was the 'bundle me' that I got from Grandma O'Brien, Aunt Therese, Valaree and Kimberlee.

This is the play mat that I got from the same group of ladies. I can't wait to let little man play with this. I'm sure there will be many hours of discovery and learning!

Here I'm having a good laugh at Auntie Cheryl. I thought for sure she was trying to keep me out of this box because of the way she had it wrapped. Turns out she was just trying to hide the fact that it was a Christmas box! hahah And she still let the cat out of the bag!

This is a neat bouncer that Chris got us. Turns out that it was a favorite of her son Jesse.

Wrist rattles. Who think of this stuff? Awesome! Anything he can't drop or throw is right up my ally!

One of many adorable outfits!

This is a nifty little swaddler for in the car seat or stroller. It's not as heavy as the 'bundle me' but will work well when just a blanket is needed. He can be nice and snug in the restraints yet warm and cozy. Perfect!

Cousin Marissa and Auntie Gina! It was great meeting Marissa and her mother (Auntie Dawn)!

Auntie Marion and Cassandra. It was fun meeting this pair too! What chatter bugs! Love it!

Auntie Arlene getting a little stir crazy after so many hours of opening gifts! Happy 75th birthday to you too Auntie!

I love this picture of Jamie! She's getting so big! I can't get over how much of a young woman she's becoming. She was our flower girl just a few short years ago!

Here's Mom DiOrio cutting up the cake for us. Mmm....Mmmm...was it yummy! WOW!

See?! Chocolate cake, vanilla cake, and pudding! How could you go wrong!?

Auntie Gina liked it.

Auntie Jen liked it too!

Hi! Thanks for signing the baby book!

This is Grams Aceto. This is the lady that took care of all the packages. If someone out of town wanted to participate...it was her house that things got mailed to! Thanks for keeping it all sorted Grams!

Whew! Those are all the pictures that I'll bore you with. It was one heck of a party and we had a ball! Thank you again to everyone that had a hand in making this happen. I was a little bummed that I wasn't going to be able to celebrate with the ones I love. I was feeling a bit outcast and far away here in Vermont. Hmm...outcast isn't the right word but I was deffinately missing my family in this joyous and exciting time. It means a lot to me that everyone went through so much trouble to make sure we had a great start to this amazing little life growing inside me.

I just can't say THANK YOU enough!

7 comments:

Pam O'Brien said...

Awesome post! Loved all the pics - where's the ones of you opening the stroller and ERGO?! Also, don't forget "your family in Virginia!" (I know you didn't forget them... just their state) ;-)
That was terrific photo journaling, hun! That, plus the skyping, almost makes me feel like I was there!

Love you!! xoxo
Mom

KristiinaSheree said...

Oh yeah! I did leave out Virginia...I'll be adding that in. I didn't see any pictures of me opening the Ergo Carrier but the 1 or 2 that were snagged of the stroller being opened weren't the greatest. Thank Mom DiOrio for her photo journalism...these were mostly hers! I will be doing a blog of the fun Nic had putting them together. hahah You'll get to see the stroller in those for sure!

Pam O'Brien said...

Mom D. did the picture taking... but you did the journaling! :-)
By the way, I saw the JEEP box in one of the cake pictures.... lol

KristiinaSheree said...

You must have JUST missed it. I have it posted now. Not a great picture but it's up! :-)

Pam O'Brien said...

Hooray! And our cousins Heather and JD are in Kansas, not Kentucky... but I know that's what you meant - they're both "K" states, afterall! :-)

KristiinaSheree said...

Shoot! I knew that! I must have put Kentucky because of Jon and Lydia. All fixed! :-) Mwah!

Gramma said...

Wow! Well, I now feel like I've been to this awesome surprise shower also!! ...and as though I've almost met the rest of Nic's family!!! Thank you punkin' for a great post!! Oh, and you look really fantastic pregnant! xoxoxo, Gramma

| Top ↑ |